Clay Hill Public Charter School (CHPCS) is open to all children residing in Baltimore City on a space-available basis within each grade level. Our school does not discriminate on the basis of intellectual or athletic ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, disability, proficiency in English or any other basis prohibited by law.
For the 2022-2023 school year, CHPCS is accepting applications for students entering grades K-4th.
Enrollment for School Year 2022-2023 Key Dates:
February 2, 2022: Deadline for accepting applications from families to be included in the lottery
February 7-11, 2022: Charter lottery window
February 9-10, 2022: Lottery: Join us virtually to find out enrollment decisions for fall 2022. Please use this link to join the event.
February 24, 2022: Parent notification letters sent
April 8, 2022: Deadline for families to confirm or decline acceptance
Clay Hill Public Charter School is a tuition-free, public school open to all Baltimore City Public School students. We do, however, provide the following enrollment preferences, per charter law:
• Clay Hill Public Charter School Founders will get preference in the enrollment lottery.
• Clay Hill Public Charter School Staff Members will get preference in the enrollment lottery.
• Siblings of Clay Hill Public Charter School students will get preference in the enrollment lottery.
• We have been approved to provide an enrollment preference of 15% of available seats to students who receive English as a Second Language services, subject to verification.
• We have also been approved to provide an enrollment preference of 35% of available seats to students whose families qualify for economic support, subject to verification.
• Families who are unable to provide verification or do not qualify for preference areas will lose any seat provided based on preference and be moved to the bottom of the waitlist at the time of non-verification.